CCP299 Aug 21-25, 2017 | RSLogix 5000: ControlLogix® Fundamentals & Troubleshooting
Tuition: $ 2,590 Course Length: 4.5 days: Monday 12:00pm-4:30pm & Tuesday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
REGISTRATION DEADLINE : August 11, 2017
This course provides you with the necessary resources and hands-on practice to efficiently troubleshoot a previously operational ControlLogix® or other Logix5000™ system (i.e., CompactLogix™, FlexLogix™, DriveLogix™, and SoftLogix™). It provides fundamental knowledge of ControlLogix terms & operation, the ability to identify and create fundamental RSLogix 5000 project components, and experience interpreting basic ladder logic. This course adds to your skill set by introducing new tasks such as connecting to a network, interpreting project execution, editing ladder logic online, and more. After practicing such skills, you will be presented with a systematic strategy for diagnosing and troubleshooting a variety of system errors.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for individuals who need to maintain and troubleshoot a ControlLogix or other Logix5000 systems.
• Locating ControlLogix Components
• Navigating through the Logix Designer Application
• Connecting a Computer to a Communications Network
• Downloading and Going Online
• Locating I/O Tags and Devices
• Interpreting Logix Designer Project Organization and Execution
• Interpreting Ladder Logic Structure
• Locating and Editing Tag Values
• Interpreting Bit Instructions
• Interpreting Frequently Used Instructions
• Interpreting Arrays
• Interpreting Tags of User-Defined Data Types
• Searching for Project Components
• Integrated Practice - Interpreting a Basic Project
• Forcing I/O and Toggling Bits
• Troubleshooting Digital I/O Problems
• Troubleshooting Analog I/O Problems
• Troubleshooting Remote I/O Problems
• Updating Logix5000 Firmware
• Troubleshooting Controller Problems
• Troubleshooting Power Supply Problems
• Analyzing and Troubleshooting a System Using a Trend Chart
• Integrated Practice-Troubleshooting Basic Projects
• Editing Ladder Logic Online
• Managing Logix Designer Project Files
• Documenting and Printing Components
• Troubleshooting Noise-Related Problems
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises:
• Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.
• Integrated practices combine and practice several key skills at once.
• Exercises are performed on a ControlLogix workstation
CEUs Awarded: 3.2