CCP122: PLC-5/SLC 500 and RSLogix Fundamentals
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
• Identify the main components of programmable controller systems and describe their functions
• Describe the flow of information through a programmable controller system
• Navigate through the RSLogix™ 5 or RSLogix 500® software
• Transfer, monitor, and run projects on a PLC-5® or SLC™ 500 processor
• Interpret simple ladder logic programs
This course is designed as an introduction to programmable controller systems. The PLC-5 or SLC 500 system will be featured using either RSLogix 5 or RSLogix 500 software.
Important: By the time the course is finished, you will not be able to program, maintain, or troubleshoot a PLC-5 or SLC 500 system. However, you will have the prerequisite understanding required for the courses that teach those skills.