Vendor Part No
NM-B (Non-Metallic Sheathed Cable)
Solid, Uncoated Copper
Approximate Net Weight (lbs/1000 ft)
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Insulation Thickness - PVC (In)
Insulation Thickness - Nylon (In)
Outside Diameter (In)
Allowable Ampacity (Amps)
• Type NM-B (Non-metallic sheathed cable) has a broad range of usage as defined in Article 334 of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Type NM-B cable is commonly used for residential wiring of luminaries, devices and appliances.
• Type NM-B ampacity limitation shall be in accordance with the 60ºC conductor temperature rating, as specified in the NEC.
• Type NM-B is rated 600-volt for both exposed and concealed work in normally dry locations. Type NM-B may be installed or fished in air voids and joints and in masonry block or tile walls where such walls are not exposed to, nor subject to, excessive moisture or dampness.
• 2-conductor construction has the insulated conductors laid parallel with a bare copper ground wire wrapped in fire-retardant paper and laid parallel between the insulated conductors. The entire assembly is wrapped with a paper separator before applying the PVC outer jacket. 3 and 4 conductor constructions may have the insulated conductors laid parallel or twisted together before applying the Slick Nylon outer jacket. SuperSlick Elite is available in all sizes.
• Conductors - Solid, uncoated copper, per ASTM-B3
• Insulation - Color-coded Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) compound meeting the required thickness of Type THHN or THWN-2 with a heat-stabilized Nylon jacket rated for 90°C in dry locations.
• Grounding Conductor - Soft, uncoated copper per ASTM-B3 and/or ASTM-B8
• Jacket - A 30-mil, color-coded, flame retardant and moisture resistant PVC jacket is applied over the completed assembly
• Underwriters Laboratories Standards UL-83, UL-719, UL-1581, UL-2556; Federal Specification A-A-59544; ASTM-B3 and B8; New York State DOS-16120-87-1222-1048; NEMA RV 2-2011; NFPA 70 (NEC) Article 334; ARRA 2009 Section 1605 “Buy American” Compliant; RoHS Compliant; MasterSpec Division 26 Sections 260519, 260523; UL Listing #E-123775